Who do Lucas Group Financial Advisors serve?
We provide our services to individuals, families, businesses, trusts, partnerships, not-for-profit organizations and retirement plans who wish to pursue long-term goals based on our strategic approach to managing wealth.
What services do you provide?
At Lucas Group Financial Advisors, we take a comprehensive approach to wealth management, and managing investments represents only part of the picture. We focus on each client receiving the following services:
- Getting the PROPER ASSET ALLOCATION in place, and thus making sure that our clients do not take more risk than they have the ability, willingness or need to take. This is the most important investment decision made.
- Providing the DISCIPLINE needed to adhere to the plan so investors do not get caught up in the greed and envy of bull markets, nor the fear and panic of bear markets.
- Ensuring that REBLANCING is done regularly and in the most cost- and tax-effective manner.
- Ensuring that TAX-LOSS HARVESTING is done appropriately.
- Determining proper DRAWDOWN STRATEGIES in retirement.
- Determining how to OPTIMIZE SOCIAL SECURITY benefits.
- Helping provide LONGEVITY INSURANCE against running out of money in retirement.
How much does an initial planning meeting cost?
There is NO COST for our initial Discovery and Investment Plan meetings. We feel it's time well spent to first get to know one another -- before we seek mutual commitment and before we begin charging a fee.
How do you charge for your services?
We offer fee-based advisory services and financial planning. If, during the planning process, we feel that a commission-based product will help meet the client's goals, we will disclose that upon making the recommendation and let the client decide how they choose to engage us. Every decision we make is measured against how well it helps our clients achieve their goals.
Do you have a minimum portfolio size?
Our minimum portfolio size is $200,000. However, if your asset level does not currently meet our minimum requirements, but you have unique circumstances you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What happens to my current holdings if I become a client?
Before any changes are made, we first analyze your existing portfolio and discuss our recommendations with you. Our overall goal is for your portfolio to make sense for you and your lifetime objectives, in the most cost-effective way possible.
Ways we achieve this goal are to:
- Capture your unique willingness, ability and need to take on market risk via appropriate (often global) diversification
- To minimize the expenses involved in investing
- To manage for appropriate asset location between taxable and tax-sheltered accounts
- To eliminate any unnecessary complexity within the collection of accounts within your portfolio
If existing holdings lend themselves to these objectives, we leave them in place. If changes are warranted, we work with you to ensure any transitions occur as smoothly and cost-effectively as possible.
Do you trade and hold my assets for me?
While you grant us Limited Power of Attorney (LPOA) to execute transactions on your behalf, you remain in control of your assets. Accounts are held in your name at a quality custodian such as Schwab Institutional.
What if I need a bond (fixed income) portfolio or other special holdings?
Our philosophy is that equity investments are for growth; fixed income investing has a vital mission all its own: to control overall volatility in a portfolio and provide a stable financial base. It should act as the vehicle for steady, reliable income and contingency reserves. We address your fixed income needs as an integral part of your overall portfolio as well as by considering the special needs, characteristics and (often hidden) costs inherent in the bond market. If a custom bond portfolio makes sense for you, we build one for you based on analysis of each bond's full range of characteristics (sector, maturity, credit rating and more).
Through our relationship with BAM Advisor Services LLC, we have access to strategic fixed income resources and a network of local and national bond dealers that help ensure a wide range of security availability as well as fair and competitive institutional level pricing for you.