Client Service Specialist - Freeport & Rockford
We are seeking a financial service specialist with either a Finance degree or experience in financial services. This individual will support our existing financial advisors in the creation of financial plans, portfolio analysis, and ongoing client service. Financial licenses preferred, or candidate will be expected to attain licensing within a reasonable timeframe upon hire. This position will spend time at both our Rockford and Freeport offices.
To apply, please email your resume to: email@example.com
- Maintain a smooth workflow of documents and new account openings.
- Prepare new account forms for client signature
- Process forms after signature
- Track progress until account is funded
- Attend client meetings
- Take notes and assist with any paperwork
- Record meeting notes in CRM software to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Prepare financial plans
- Complete data entry of client’s personal information and existing portfolio
- Start analysis for financial advisor to review and complete
- Assist with client servicing
- Handle ongoing needs of existing clients, such as address or beneficiary changes, account deposits or withdrawals, and annual planning updates.
- Assist with firm marketing efforts
- Social media, email campaigns, website blog post
- Acquire financial licensing such as:
- FINRA SIE
- FINRA Series 6 or 7
- FINRA 63/65 or 66
- Illinois Life and Health license
We are a growing practice and are looking for someone interested in growing with us. Although many of the tasks would be administrative at first, this is a salaried position with no sales requirements, unlike many other entry-level jobs in the personal finance industry. There is additional bonus potential for introducing new clients to the firm. The Client Service Specialist would gain practical experience in many areas of financial planning, and will benefit from our team approach as they transition to a financial advisor role in the future. We would expect that this individual will eventually take the coursework and exam for the CFP certification.
About us: Lucas Group started as an accounting firm and added financial planning in 2014. As an independent financial planning firm, we work to produce a comprehensive financial plan for our clients, and work with a number of different financial and investment companies to find the best portfolio fit. We do not have any sales requirements or proprietary investments that restrict our offerings. Our team currently consists of three financial advisors, two of whom are also accountants. Position includes paid time off, health insurance, and retirement benefits.
Note: individual will be required to pass a background check.